Pie yang sedap, wbp, banyak kerja sikit jika nak buat....namun berbaloi...
1 cup plain flour 1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar 125g butter
1 egg yolk water
500g pumpkin, seeded, peeled and cubed
1 cup milk 2 eggs
1/2 cup maple or golden syrup or honey
1/3 cup brown sugar 3 tbs plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp ginger powder 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1) Combine flours and sugar. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2) Stir in egg yolk and sufficient water to make mixture hold together. Chill for 30 minutes.
1) Place pumpkin in a bowl cover with water and cook until pumpkin is tender. Drain.
2) Preheat oven to 200C.
3) Mash pumpkin, stir in milk, eggs, syrup, flour and spices until well combined.
4) Roll out pastry to line a 25cm greased removable base flan tin. Cook for 7 minutes on 200C.
5) Pour pumpkin filling over pastry and sprinkle with nutmeg.
6) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes for 180C.
7) Serve hot or cold.
(repost entry from 2010)